Pensioners & Veterans
The Office of Hearing Services is the Australian government hearing services programme. It provides eligible people access to a range of free and subsidised services.
These services include:
- A comprehensive hearing test by a professional
- Access to a large range of hearing devices if require
- Help with hearing loss and communication needs including support and rehabilitation services
- Access to a subsidised maintenance programme which covers batteries and repairs to your hearing aids for a small fee.
Am I eligible?
To be eligible for this programme you must have one of the following:
- Centrelink pension concession card
- Gold Health Repatriation card
- White Health Repatriation card (specific for hearing loss)
- Centrelink sickness allowance
- Be dependant of a person in one of the above categories
- Be an active member of the Australian Defence Force
- Client of CRS Australia
The programme also supports the following groups at the government hearing care provider Australian Hearing only:
- Under 21 years of age
- Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander over 50 years of age